101 - Educational Philosophy of the School101 - Educational Philosophy of the School
As a school corporation of Iowa, the Carroll Community School District, acting through its board of directors, is dedicated to promoting an equal opportunity for a quality public education to its students. The board’s ability may be limited by the school 's ability and willingness to furnish financial support in cooperation with the students’ parent/guardian and school community. The board is also dedicated to providing the opportunity to develop a healthy, safe, social, intellectual, emotional, and physical self-concept in a learning environment that provides guidance to and encourages critical thinking in students for a lifetime.
The board endeavors, through the dedication of the school 's resources, to encourage students, who come to the school from a variety of backgrounds, to look forward to the time when they will have jobs, homes, families, and places in the school community; and to attain recognition as individuals. In order to achieve this goal, the board will seek highly qualified employees dedicated to development of their professional skills for the betterment of the education program and of the expertise for educational productivity.
Instruction and curriculum are the key elements of a public education. Critical thinking and problem solving skills that will assist the students' preparation for life are instructed as part of a sequentially coordinated curriculum. The school strives to prepare students for employment, to discover and nurture creative talent, and to prepare them to meet and cope with social change in an atmosphere conducive to learning.
The support and involvement of the home and the school community are essential to achieve educational excellence in the school. The school strives to maintain an active relationship with the home and the school community to create within the students an awareness of dignity and worth of the individual, civic responsibility, and respect for authority.
VISION STATEMENT OF CARROLL COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Improving Student Achievement Step By Step
MISSION STATEMENT OF CARROLL COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Opening the doors of learning for Success
The students, the parents/guardians, the teachers, the administrators, and the staff of Carroll Community School believe . . .
- Children should be encouraged to become lifelong learners and problem solvers.
- Parents and community are the most important influence on a child's development, behavior, and attitude toward learning.
- A quality school understands the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical needs of its students and makes decisions based on these characteristics.
- A successful student is able to think and reason for himself/herself, yet not be afraid to ask for advice or help when needed. He/She is willing and able to use all the different resources available in order to achieve success.
- An effective staff member is one who cares for students, has a sense of pride, and works for the good of the organization.
- An effective classroom is one where the teacher and student work together in a respectful manner toward a common goal.
- A quality instructional program includes opportunities, variety, and challenges which create an environment for all students to be successful.
- Schools should teach fundamentals, responsibility, respect, and skills for use throughout life.
Date of Adoption/Revision: